Under the Sea Wind by Rachel Carson

Format: ebook
Categories:
20th Century Classic- Back to the Classics 2020 (Books and Chocolate)

Three Books by the Same Author (#1) - #mmdchallenge 2020 (Modern Mrs. Darcy)

"Yet so quietly did he approach that the sound of his wings, if sound there were, was lost in the whisper song of the water turning over the shells on the wet sand." 


     Wow! Reading this was like watching Planet Earth, Blue Planet, or pretty much anything narrated by David Attenborough. Carson has a way with words. That's for sure. I appreciate her lyrical style. This book covers the Atlantic Coast of North America, mainly by following the lives of a sanderling, a mackerel, and an eel. I admit that as much as I love animals and the ocean, I thought I was going to be bored during the mackerel section. I was so wrong. It turned out to be one of my favorite sections of the book! This is a book I know I'm going to re-visit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Classics 2021 (Sign-Up Post)

Back to the Classics Reading Challenge 2022- Sign Up Post

Week 10- #GRIMMread2019