#GRIMMread2019- Week 1


As strange and dark as some of these stories are, I am always so fascinated in the origins of modern day retellings of fairy tales. In terms of morals, "Cat and Mouse in Partnership" and "Our Lady's Child" make the most sense, even though "Our Lady's Child" is a very strange blend of faith and fantasy, which I think could be very confusing to children. "Cat and Mouse in Partnership" warns against naivete, while "Our Lady's Child" warns against pride. "The Story of the Youth who Went Forth to Learn what Fear was" was actually my favorite out of these four stories. It was creepy and humorous. I'm still wracking my brain over "The Frog King".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Back to the Classics 2021 (Sign-Up Post)

Back to the Classics Reading Challenge 2022- Sign Up Post

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley